Responsible for teaching students how to speak, read, write, and understand the Arabic language.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Teach students how to interpret the Arabic language at their appropriate grade level.
- Teach students how to read, write, understand, and speak foreign languages.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create instructional resources for use in the small group instruction.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create a positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants interested & motivated in class.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
- Manage student behavior in the small group sessions and/or classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Use less English in Arabic class. Create independent students who will rely on asking themselves questions to answer your questions, more than waiting for translation on daily basis.
- Immerse students in the Arabic language by using language teaching techniques rather than translating everyday.
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject from accredited university preferred
- Experience in a classroom environment or tutoring, or at least one year of student teaching or approved internship preferred
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Willingness to execute written employment contract with ISI
Professional Growth and Development
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, committee meetings, and work sessions as required by the principal.
- Exhibit professional judgment and responsibility at all times.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Promote professional improvement through reading educational journals and books, exploring educational research, enrolling in college courses, participating in staff development activities, and membership in professional organizations.
- Follow all rules, regulations, and policies approved by the Board of Directors and follow directives from superiors.
- Follow attendance policy as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the Administration and/or supervisor.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, board policies, and present subject matter according to established guidelines.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; interpret policy and maintain emotional control under stress.
- The Administration and/or supervisor has the right to add or change duties at any time.